Do you have a hectic spring and need some time to get away from it all? Why not take advantage of some fantastic girl getaways? Spring is filled with amazing opportunities to experience the great outdoors and appreciate the beauty of nature, go across the country and spend some time on the beach, and experience fine dining. You and your gal pals can have amazing girlfriend weekend getaways by doing the thing every girl loves to do: go shopping. You can also hit the big city and live the night life, or you can go sightseeing in whichever city you choose. Girl getaways are fun for many reasons, especially when you have the opportunity to glam it up, so why not go for a spa weekend, where you and your friends can get all the pampering you want? For truly unforgettable girl vacations, you can have a scrapping and crafts weekend, in order to preserve the special memories from your trip. If any of this sounds appealing to you, or if you just need a break from the rush of your everyday life, perhaps you should take one of these weekend getaway ideas into consideration.
1. If you are a nature person, you should seriously consider hiking the Mohawk Lake Trail in Breckenridge, Colorado. The hike is approximately 7 miles total, and extremely worthwhile. While hiking this trail, you will have the opportunity to see spectacular waterfalls and come upon some historic ruins. Spring is the perfect time for a hike because it’s not too cold, yet it’s cool enough that you won’t be sweating and needing water the entire way up. Also, insects are not likely to be as high in population during the spring months as they are in the summer, which is good, considering you will be near water. This area is exceptionally beautiful, particularly in the spring time, so you will be able to take advantage of amazing scenery as well as an exhilarating experience of hiking. If nature is your thing, you should definitely consider a Breckenridge hike.
2. Spring provides the perfect opportunity to head to the beach. In states with warmer year-round climates, they won’t be overly hot if you travel during the spring, so why not head to Santa Catalina Island in California? Here, you will experience a Mediterranean climate, just off Long Beach. Not only is Santa Catalina Island a perfect photo-op, but it’s also warm enough for you to enjoy some time on the beach. Your main method of transportation here will be a golf cart, which is actually quite enjoyable. There are some pretty fantastic sight-seeing opportunities on Santa Catalina Island, too. When you need to cool off, jump into the Pacific Ocean and go scuba diving. Santa Catalina Island is an incredible experience you don’t want to pass up.
3. For a trip to truly satisfy your taste in food, head to southern Arizona, to participate in the Hacienda Corona de Guevavi’s tamale making party. The hotel provides complimentary margaritas for those who love a good wine experience. You learn how to make tamales using dough, some form of a filler, such as beef or chicken, then wrap them in corn husks and steam them. Then, your tamale dinner will be served with the tamales, a salad, beans, tortillas, and more. Spring is the best time to go, because you can easily kick back and relax. Plus, the cool weather provides the perfect opportunity for you to enjoy some real hands-on experience with cooking and you don’t have to worry about getting too hot in the kitchen or cooking area. This sounds like an enjoyable experience for all.
4. What woman doesn’t enjoy shopping? If you love to shop, you should consider heading to Chicago, Illinois for some serious shopping indulgence. Spring is the perfect time to go because it’s cooler outside, but warm enough that you don’t need to wear quite so many layers of clothing, which will help you to enjoy your shopping experience all the more. Chicago has loads of skyscrapers and fabulous shopping that you simply have to take advantage of. It reminds you a lot of New York. The upside? Chicago is much cheaper than a New York trip. If you want to make lots of purchases for yourself, plus your friends and family back home, Chicago is the place to be!
5. Do you like going to big cities? If so, then you’ll love Seattle, Washington. There is so much to do in this beautiful city. If it’s raining, that’s not a problem. You can visit the Seattle Aquarium and view all of the fabulous marine life, or you can go to the Space Needle. Both of these are major tourist attractions, and they’re absolutely spectacular. Or, if you are a sports fan, you can head to Safeco Field and watch a Mariner’s game. This trip will benefit all sports-lovers, as well as those who love big cities. You get a chance to go sight-seeing, experience fine dining, and incredible shopping. How can you go wrong there?
6. Spring can be rather cold at times, and cold can cause us to become stressed. If you would like to experience warmth, relaxation, and comfort, you should seriously consider taking a spa weekend getaway. Head to Jackson Hole Valley in Wyoming for the ultimate spa weekend. The Spring Creek Wilderness Adventure Spa will give you High Desert Hydration Body Treatment, where you can relax and enjoy.
7. For those of you who enjoy scrapbooking, quilting, or just general craft-making projects, you should seriously consider the Riverside Inn Weekend Retreats in Cold Spring, Minnesota. The event coordinators will help satisfy all your crafting needs and supply you with the tools you need to create a truly memorable project.
If you want a fabulous weekend that is jam-packed with all sorts of fun, then you should consider these seven ideas. These trips are sure to provide an experience you will never forget.
You might like to visit one of these sites for more information: